Emma Scodellaro is a Fashions on the Field competitor and the creator & administrator of the Facebook group & Instagram page ‘It’s All About the Sash’ @itsallaboutthesash. She first started competing in FOTF in 2009, predominately around Victoria but also travelling interstate on occasion. She has won ‘Lady of the Day’ on a number of occasions and has also placed in many events all within Victoria. Her most noted achievements in FOTF include
- Winning the 2015 Blue Diamond Stakes FOTF at Caulfield Racecourse
- Winning the Longines Award for Elegance on Derby Day at Flemington in 2014
- Winning the overall Country Racing Victoria’s ‘Best Dressed’ competition in 2013 after coming 2nd in 2012
- Placing 3rd on Oaks Day at Flemington in 2017
- Coming runner up at Caulfield Cup Day in 2019
- Being a Top 10 finalists at Flemington, Caulfield and Interstate on numerous occasions
- Having her extensive race wear wardrobe featured in Woman’s Day magazine in 2015, showcasing her passion for FOTF
Her greatest achievement in FOTF is her involvement with ‘It’s All About The Sash’, which is a positive support & resource networking page for all involved in Fashions on the Field, promoting inclusivity, new friendships, ideas and where photos of FOTF competitions worldwide are shared. ‘It’s All About The Sash’ is her passion project as the group aims to educate, promote and contribute to the development of FOTF events not only in Australia but also worldwide!
Outside of FOTF, Emma works as a Collectables Curator, recently changing careers after an 18 year career in Education. She also loves spending time with her family, styling her personal race wear looks, promoting authenticity in fashion and riding Harley Davidson motorcycles!